Tuesday 18 December 2012

You see a Circus, I see...

Today, we read the book 'You see a Circus, I see...' by Mike Downs. We enjoyed the book and we noticed that the author had used rhyming words in his story.

Here is an example of what is written in the book:-

You see a juggler.

She grabs a broom and ball and chair;
Then tosses them into the air.
She performs this wondrous feat
Atop a unicycle seat.

I see my best friend.

In the Circus train we ride,
We live in rail cars, side by side.
Together we play cards or chess
And share our dreams of great success.

Using the extract taken from the book above, can you create your own two super verses about what 'You see in the Circus'?

Start your first verse with 'You see a ..' and start your second verse with 'I see a...'

I look forward to reading all your super poems :-)

1 comment:

  1. You see a lion tamer
    jumping in the manger.
    I see a fire eater
    eating lots of litter.


    ReplyDelete